1952 Willys Other Army Jeep
|Model :||Army Jeep|
|Drivetrain :||Four Wheel Drive|
|Doors :||2 Doors|
|Fuel Type :||Gasoline|
1952 M-38 Willy’s Jeep made for the Marine Corps during the Korean War.
- It was made for only two years—1951 and 1952. It was the last flat-fender Willy’s. Its service was stateside throughout its entire life.
- It was on one of the bases in California and then owned by a veteran after the war.
- Used by a General on the base – Typical they chauffeured him around base on it type use.
HISTORY OF THE JEEP
- I purchased the Jeep from the original family 17 years ago after the veteran (owner) had passed away. He was in the Army during the Korean War.
- He took the Jeep apart to restore it, including the engine, transmission, and all running gear. He said that it had very low mileage as it had always been on the base since new. It has all new canvas seats, the top is original and in very good condition, it has all of the doors and canvas for the back of the top which are all new.
- He said in California they didn’t need to use them. It has a rifle carrier inside the windshield with a de-milled 0.3 Springfield rifle.
- It has original windshield wipers and it has seat belts front back.
- This is a 24-volt system and has a slave hook-up on the back of Jeep, and new 12 volt batteries. I had a total brake job professionally done, with brake linings, shoes, wheel cylinders--total job.
- There is only 150 miles on the new brakes. The body is in perfect condition with no bodywork done, except that the owner did paint it Marine green with correct lettering, etc. The numbers on the hood are his Army serial numbers from his time on the base. This Jeep is as pure as you will find one.
- It comes with extra parts; gauges are complete, some need checking. I had an electric fuel pump put on. This will save on startup after sitting for periods of time. Remember, this is a 24-volt system. Starter and generator all in one. This is also a water-tight electrical system. License plate is a life-time veteran plate and does not require new tabs.
Extras: Tow bar with receiver bar with tail-lights and turn-lights made to hook onto bumperettes on the back of the Jeep. These were made with quick-release clamps, also with slave cable to go along Jeep to hook up to a plug on the tow vehicle. Also, ball receiver for the ball to slide into.
illustrated manual for repairs and servicing of the whole Jeep. He also has a 24-volt charging system machine for this Jeep, and also a gas heater made for the Jeep which was never installed.
Recommended for you
WE HELP YOU FIND THE CAR YOU ARE LOOKING FOR WITH NO COMPROMISES.
Mechanically this is very well sortedIts a ...
1992 Ford Bronco Recently Restored & updated Recent Restoration work performed September 2018 ...
NOTE: This Vehicle Is Loc ...
NOTE THIS VEHICLE IS CURRENTLY
This is one amazing ride, Super fun, super fast a ...
SH All Wheel DriveNavigation & backu ...
Automatic Transmission3.0L 6CYL Turbo DIESELALL WHEEL DRIVE
very well cared for just serviced at German car specialist full maintenance and a full service on ...
Wild About Cars Garage
11200 Kirkland Way Suite 350, Kirkland WA 98033